IDP Education (Cambodia) Ltd established the annual CamTESOL Conference Series in 2005. IDP Education (Cambodia) is a fully owned subsidiary of IDP Education Pty, Ltd, headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
CamTESOL is a conference for professionals in the field of English Language Teaching and related issues. The first CamTESOL conference was in 2005 on the theme of “Practical Issues in Teaching”. This focus on the practice of ELT has continued. CamTESOL has now become the premier professional development conference in the Asia Pacific region with an average audience of 1,700 attending annually (over 600 of whom are international participants from over 30 countries).
The CamTESOL Conference Series has several components and related activities. The conference includes two pre-conference fora, one on Regional ELT Leadership and the other on ELT research. Since 2014, the focus on research has been manifested in a full-day Regional Research Symposium.
The conference brings together the following groups:
- Classroom teachers of English and teacher trainers;
- Researchers in the fields of ELT and Linguistics;
- Administrators of English language schools and universities;
- Educators with an interest in international language education;
- ELT-related individuals and institutions and Ministry of Education representatives;
- Foreign experts or researchers who wish to network within the ELT communities in Southeast Asia.
The CamTESOL Conference Series aims to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and dissemination of information on good practices within English Language Teaching
- Strengthen and broaden the network of English language teachers and all those involved in the ELT sector in Cambodia and the region;
- Increase the links between the ELT communities in Southeast Asia and the international ELT community;
- Showcase research in the fields of language and language education.